Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Song Choice - Fernando


Typical Cats - What You Thought Hops

I enjoy this song a lot, and while it was difficult choosing a song I think for this project I've chosen a song that I can work with. Typical Cats are Chicago based. This song speaks on a certain kind of individualism that I empathize with at certain points, it speaks about poetry with a complex combination of sentences and a wide range of vocabulary. While the first half of the song is spoken word, the second half contains a beat that is quite soothing to my ears at least. The theme of the song I believe is interesting and I believe the metaphors utilized will create an interesting, powerful, and vocal piece. I'm still very torn on what portions of the songs to truly zero in on however for the piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment