Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Kyle S//Seven Deadly Sins Idea

My primary theme for the seven deadly sins project is going to be precious moments figures acting out the sin. That sounds totally graphic but I promise it won't be- they will just be representing the ideas. This is my first narrative thread: the irony of having precious moments characters associated with the seven deadly sins (the figurines are originally supposed to be peaceful, nostalgic little reminders of happy things). The other two narrative threads are still developing. I'm thinking of having a physical object attached to each piece, to continue the theme of the sin illustrated, but this is only going to be possible if I find seven tiny trinkets to use. My other potential narrative thread is the idea that I could only use one color in what I think are going to be black line drawings. I'm thinking some oxblood would look very unsettling, which is the exact opposite of the calm, muted color theme used in the original precious moments figurines.

No comments:

Post a Comment