Monday, February 11, 2013

Seven Deadly Cliches- Kravitz

I thought it would be amusing to work with cliche sayings and phrases for this project. They are used quite frequently but I want the viewer to consider their actual meanings because they tend to get lost through overuse. I wanted to keep the phrases short and (hopefully!) to the point. So far I have:

Greed: "Give an inch, take a mile."
Envy: "The grass is greener on the other side."
Gluttony: "Bite off more than you can chew."
Wrath: "Dead as a doornail."
Sloth: "Haste makes waste."
Pride: "Dog eat dog."

I'm not quite sure on Lust yet. I have a few ideas like "Get a room" or "Jump his bones" but neither seem quite right to me. Suggestions??
I also plan on illustrating the quotes typographically. For example, I want to make "The grass is greener..." look like grass, and have a reflective quality, and "Dog eat dog" look like cowering and dominating figures. Finally, I want to provide the name of the sin, and its origin or definition in the piece as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love your idea! I think its original and you can definitely do a lot with this project.
    hmm for lust I like "get a room" but not so sure its the perfect fit either maybe something along the lines with getting to 1st/2nd base or taking it all the way home?
    I like dog eat dog for pride

    ReplyDelete