Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Music Poster - Song Choice and Progress - MEADE

I've gone with something that makes me want to get up and move like I'm a part of the dance montage in The Breakfast Club.
(skip to 0:45 to get to the song)


Sussudio by Phil Collins

color version:

The song is very upbeat and loud. It promotes people to move and give a little jig and to sing aloud, or at least it does for me, so I came up with the idea of showing someone singing it at what is assumed to be at the top of their lungs. I played with the text, making words bigger, others smaller, making some pop out more than others and such to portray how Phil sings it, sort of gives the text on the page more life. I plan on adding more layers of lyrics surrounding these main strokes and color! Lots of warm hues because I get a warm, inviting feel from the song (plus the album cover has a reddish orange Phil on it not blue like above), but I feel like making going with more colder colors would go along with the music video.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite songs! I'm excited to see how you develop this into a poster.

    ReplyDelete