Monday, February 11, 2013

Sinful Animals - 7 Deadly Sins Project - Meade

So for my project, I'm working with animals that represent the themes. 

As of right now I have a cat for lust, since they're used in our society to represent sexuality (or I can go with a rabbit, which have a different implication); peacock for envy because I feel like they themselves are envious, but they're beautiful birds and can instil envy in others; lion for pride not only because it's called a lion pride, but because when I think of Pride I get confidence and bravery and then I think of Gryffindor and they're emblem has a lion (lion/griffin); for wrath I'm thinking of a shark or possibly a wolf just because they're usually depicted in angry manors or have a reputation for being a bit feisty; instead of a sloth for sloth I am going for a panda because they sleep quite a lot during the day; an elephant or pig for gluttony since they eat a lot a day; and lastly, snake for greed because when I think of greed I think of money, and when it comes to animal, my mind goes to back in the stagecoach days when con artists used to sell 'snake oil' as fake remedies and the societal view of how greedy, sneaky, con artists are often referred to as a 'snake'. 

I'm sort of basing my choices off of societal stereotypes of the animals and also animal facts, and using these descriptions by putting them as text inside of the animals (as sort of like.. helping fill out the details of the animal drawings), while the outline of the animals will be the vices in both different languages and synonyms to vary it up a bit. 

The final compositions will have the animals pictured by both the vices and their descriptions, effectively having three narratives.

No comments:

Post a Comment