Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Picerne - Seven Deadly Sins - Pests

 For the seven deadly sins project, I came up with idea of using pests as the subject matter. The idea is that I would use pests from around the country to represent the sins. For lust, I was thinking the Black Widow spider as the female eats her male counterpart after mating. Their venom is also three-times stronger than the male. For greed I chose rats as they seem to hoard items that they find. For gluttony I chose termites because of the damage they cause by eating wood. I chose a gypsy moth to represent envy because they not known to be as pretty as a butterfly. I thought that a scorpion would be a good pest to represent wrath due to their fast-acting venomous sting that they use to kill and paralyze their prey. Scorpions are known as pests in the Southwest part of the country. For pride I chose cockroaches because they are the most common pest, as well as one of the hardest to get rid of. Lastly, I chose slugs for sloth as they move slowly, but cause a lot of damage to farms and gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment