Monday, January 21, 2013

Minogue - Chapter 2 Reflection

In chapter 2, a basic overview of typographic anatomy is presented. This lesson allowed me to not only understand the vocabulary involved with typography, but to understand how many variables there are in the stylizing and presentation of text. I learned early on in the chapter that every dimension of text is carefully accounted for, and that all of these specifications must relate to each other in order to retain unity and cohesion. Along the way, I learned several ways to specify different forms of type, whether it be by the style of its letterform, or by time period it came from. Each of these categories hold specific characteristics that make the typefaces that fall into them unique in their own way. Overall, chapter 2 helped me get my feet wet in the world of typography.

No comments:

Post a Comment