Monday, January 21, 2013

Typographic Anatomy - Murphy

Typographic Anatomy

I used the typeface, Univers for the san serif portion of this assignment. I chose this because I used Univers quite frequently in my class last quarter. Since then I feel that I have gained an attachment to it and try to use it as much as I can. It is currently the typeface I used for my resume. Univers is also an excellent typeface that could be used for corporations to use as a logo. It’s beauty as having the simplicity of Helvetica while still being very distinguishable is ideal for a company to use to have a clear and legible logo. This was done successfully for the Swiss Airline. 

I used Bodoni as my typeface with serifs. I chose this because it reminded me of my elementary teacher in grade school. It was not until this assignment that I had the flashback of an early encounter of this typeface in computer class to practice our typing skills. Every homework assignment and test was given to us with Bodoni type. I love the combination of thick and thin strokes. The serifs and hairlines on this typeface remind me of the books I read in grade school such as the Nancy Drew series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment