Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ch 2//Kyle S

Since I can't find my original post on chapter two (???) I'll try to recreate my thoughts of when I read through. First of all, I really enjoy human and animal anatomy in the first place, so learning parts of the letterform reminded me of going through skeletal anatomy charts. The main difference would be that not all of the "body parts" we've learned neccessarily have to be present on a character, depending on their style and serif status. I also generally don't hate learning new words, because I get some sort of sick thrill from increasing my vocabulary. Something about having a succinct word to describe what I want and have everyone else know precisely what I mean. I also kind of enjoyed seeing how the historical methods of creation were some of the first things that differentiated the look of letterforms, such as writing implements or recording medium. (I sort of expect a post exactly like this one to show up out of the blue sometime on the blog, so look out :B)

No comments:

Post a Comment