Friday, January 18, 2013

Typography Anatomy-Marcella Denigris

For my sans serif typeface, I chose Code light. I find this typeface really interesting but also difficult because it only consists of upper case letters and numbers. It is a very clean and simple font that uses few curves in the letters. The line weight is really thin, but is still eligible to read. This type face looks like it would be popular in the marketing industry to use as advertisements as well as logos because of how clean it is. This type face reminds me of Forever 21 because it is my favorite store, and also this type face seems very contemporary and modern and would fit perfectly as their brand name.


For my serif typeface, I chose Georgia. This typeface appears to look very formal and neat. It does have serifs and the lowercase "r" and "c" contain teardrop serifs. The numbers in this typeface are in the old-style format in that the numbers are on the same baseline but some go below the baseline due to the differences in their x-height. This type face automatically reminds me of the brand Philosophy. It is highly possible that Philosophy actually uses Georgia in their brand name logo. This typeface just looks like it has authority when reading it which could be a factor in why Philosophy uses it.

No comments:

Post a Comment