Thursday, January 17, 2013

Typographic Anatomy- Cynthia Garcia



                For the sans serif typeface I chose Myriad Pro Bold, it’s very simple and solid; it reminded me of the LinkedIn logo. The typeface gives this very professional feeling and formal, something you would use in a meeting agenda or a presentation for a client. It’s also very comfortable to read and over all visually pleasing. Myriad Pro Bold is an Adobe Originals design and it was released in 1992, it was designed by Robert Slimbach & Twombly with Fred Brady & Christopher Slye.



 
  For the serif typeface I used Bauer Bodoni. I was drawn to this typeface because I was reading a Vogue Magazine as I was working on this assignment. I noticed the similarities that it had and I decided to do a little research. I found that Vogue Magazine, does use a variation of Bodoni but of course it has been altered. It was released in 1926 and designed by Heinrich Jost. I also noticed that this typeface tends to look very well even when used in larger sizes, such as for display. It has a very modern feeling to it, I guess maybe that is why it is used by Vogue. I also liked the thick and thin strokes and the serifs which are very fine and delicate. It’s not too much but just enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment